Hi guys, welcome to Ehindtimes.com today we will learn how to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices. As we know that when every we install custom ROM, so we lost our data, so it needs to make backup of your all the data and apps etc. For, this we need to install Custom recovery. There are 2 types of custom recovery one is TWRP and another one is CWM recovery. They both required root.
What is Custom ROM?
Custom Roms can be flashed, if your phone is rooted. Custom Rom replace your device’s ROM. It is different from phone’s ROM. It stands for Read-Only-Memory. this is flashed by using TWRP and CWM custom recovery. Most of the people love to install custom ROMs because they can enjoy latest android version and their features. If your device’s company is not going to launch the latest version of the android.
What is Custom Recovery?
Custom recovery is basically installed in android devices. It helps to install custom ROMs and make backups of data, app, and ROM etc. There are two types of custom recovery, one is TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project and another one is CWM stands for Clockwork Mod. It required root to install this.
What is Nandroid Backup?
The name Nandroid comes from “NAND” flash memory which is the permanent storage on Android devices.Nandroid backups include OS, apps, app data, and basically everything (saved passwords too).
There are two possibilities → How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices In TWRP / CWM.
Ehindtimes.com is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written.
HOW TO CREATE & RESTORE NANDROID BACKUP ON ANDROID DEVICES
How To Make Backup USING TWRP RECOVERY
- Firstly, Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- after entering in TWRP recovery mode, tap on the Backup option to enter the backup menu.
- Now you can see available partitions to backup.
- Select the required partitions.
- then, swipe right to take a nandroid backup
- Done!! backup is completed.
- Now If you want to restore the nandroid backup, go to restore option from the TWRP main menu
- Choose partitions and swipe right to restore
- Once restore is completed reboot your device
How To Make Backup USING CWM RECOVERY
- firstly, Boot your device into CWM recovery mode
- Once in the main menu, tap on the Backup and Restore option to enter the backup menu.
- Now you can see Options, select Backup, choose internal or external memory option. Make a backup of your data
- Done!! backup is completed.
- Now If you want to restore the nandroid backup, go to restore a backup option, select any restore option (from Internal or External memory) from the above menu. Now start restoring
- Once restore is completed reboot your device.
Both the recoveries are good in terms of everything so be confused this.
Good you have learned many things today, do like this always. If you are facing any problem regarding this, then just feel free to ask about this
Hope you like this guide.